Modern Women is hiring a part-time assistant to support the studio with logistics, customer service, and administrative and research projects for an immediate start. This role is a contract position with room to grow in the new year. This role will also oversee the shipping process for the Many Moons Lunar Planners from the end of October to December, as well as assist with the following tasks:
- Processing all retail orders, exchanges, and other customer service tasks for the online store.
- Liaison with USPS for the Many Moons shipping, and handle all drop-offs and pick-ups for the studio.
- Research and coordinate vendors for our retail and print projects, as well as retail shipping solutions (including researching materials for future products and packaging).
- Provide administrative support and run errands for the studio.
- Liaison with the studio’s vendors and wholesale stockists as needed.
- Customer service support: responding to newsletter responses, order inquiries, general questions, etc.
Candidates must be organized, self-sufficient, solution-oriented problem solvers who can multitask. An inordinate love of processes, packaging, and product development is a plus! You are discreet, intuitive and follow guidance and corrections well. You must have exceptional attention to detail and a great attitude. Prior shipping, logistics, and/or operations experience of at least 2 years is preferred. This is a physical role that requires focus, efficiency, and high productivity. You must be able to lift 20lbs, repeatedly. Candidates must have their own car: mileage/wear and tear will be reimbursed. The compensation for this role starts at $25/hour.
Proficiency in Google suite, ShipStation, and Shopify is required. This role will begin at 3 days a week—Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays—11 am to 5 pm in the studio. Candidates must be LA-based and have familiarity with the city.
About us: We are a feminist, spiritual, creative business that educates, publishes, and inspires. This is a collaborative studio where all team members are respected; work/life boundaries are taken very seriously. There’s a lot of room for growth. We work hard, and have fun doing it. Other perks include cute dogs, a mission-driven atmosphere, and the knowledge that your work transforms the lives of thousands.
To apply: please email the studio at firstname.lastname@example.org with a 3-4 paragraph cover letter explaining why you are the best fit for the role and your resume. Please also include 3 references directly related to your prior administrative, operations, and/or logistics experience. If we are interested in interviewing you, we will be in contact with you directly. Applications submitted without the requested information will not be considered. Thank you so much!