Our Chariot Year moves forward with a quickening pace after the vernal equinox. It’s an overused slogan, but it’s the journey, not the destination this year. As winter thaws into spring, we begin to feel how the lessons of this year are truly going to be found in the process.
One lesson the Chariot brings is mastery through change. Success will come through initiating the lessons your intuition tells you it is time to integrate and metabolize. As Octavia Butler reminds us, “God is change.”
There’s an idealism that permeates this archetype. A warrior has to have some kind of vision, will, and motivation to commandeer the energy it takes to facilitate profound departure. Cultivate the beliefs you need to materialize your forward movement.
The Chariot's steadfast energy of movement can be hard to hold as we face more distractions than ever before. Below are 7 essentials to remember for 2023, our Chariot year.
7 Things To Remember For Our Chariot Year
1. The journey is the destination. It’s not where you’re going, it’s how you’re getting there. What you are learning. What you are shedding. How you are growing. If you feel stuck and don’t know where you are headed, focus on what kind of experiences you’d like to have, what you’d like to see more often, and what the journey consists of.
2. You are not to be defined by your worst or best days. Nor are you to be defined by labels, projections, or certain aspects of your personality that you can unlearn...You are not the result of your current circumstances. It’s what we do with those circumstances that count. Your unique struggles are a gift from a higher power. Your struggles could be your greatest gifts if you choose to make them that.
3. Stay in your lane...there’s no traffic there. In other words, find what’s yours and cultivate it, move with it, and let it move you. This builds on the work of Lovers. One of the lessons of the Lovers is to tend to your own garden. To find what you love, and let it lead you. Now, with the archetype of the Chariot, we connect to what we love, that ecosystem of love, and we let it facilitate movement and take action.
4. If you want to transform, take action. Bold, imperfect execution is how you will learn, grow, and develop self-confidence.
5. Change is neither bad nor good, it just is. Play with this concept: how you relate to change and navigate change is what is often most important — this is how you become change. Bring new energy to old patterns. Be mindful. Notice when you are reacting out of automatic programs.
6. You define what power looks like and feels like. Power relies on integrity, self-confidence and humility. Clear all blocks to connect to your personal power as you define it. Victimhood, outsourcing validation, avoiding your purpose, avoiding pain, avoiding your gifts, and avoiding intimacy with self and others are all blocks to connecting to your personal power.
7. Surrender to the divine to make miracles happen. Try believing in God/Spirit/Guides/Other helpers. Stop trying to do everything yourself. Let others help you. Surrender what you can, when you can.
To dive deeper into the magic of the 2023 Tarot Card of the Year archetype, download the Our Chariot Online Workshop. Learn about Major Arcana 7: the Chariot, how to embrace change and up-level your life, and how to master change.